New Year New Me (and all that jazz)

I've been thinking about the future a lot recently. And yes that's so very normal because it is that time of year again. But 2016 was an incredibly transitional year for me, and while I felt I had a few month's reprieve going into the winter, it's a new year now and that means thinking about starting a new chapter of my life again.
Season 21, if you will (It's almost my birthday!).
There are big decisions coming this year. I've been thinking a lot about specific goals, rather than vague ideas of what I want to do, and how to actually get there--what solid steps I can take to move my life in the direction (or a direction--I'm so indecisive) that I want it to go in. Being intentional instead of coasting along.
There is also a strong cast of people surrounding me that are incredibly supportive and helpful in motivating, inspiring, and getting me to plan and create logical steps toward goals instead of depending on my own somewhat haphazard, often self-sabotaging approach to life. I've been finding it a lot easier to feel excited instead of apprehensive of planning for the future with these positive influences around me (seriously, thank you guys).
As my gorgeous friend Brittany (who blogs Letters to Rayelle as well as founding A Cat We Have ) says, 2017 is the Year of Doing. I fully plan on plagiarizing her theme all year long. It's time to take a step back from just dreaming, and start putting in the work. And while it feels incredibly strange to be hosting such a wild mixture of anxiety and excitement about the coming year and everything it has the potential to bring, I'm trying to let excitement win. Let this be the year I stop holding myself back.

Comments

Popular Posts