Liebelein

The stars in your eyes are dim my love, but they will not go out.
There is a shadow on you, but you are light
And it will pass

The end goal is not reached at nineteen, my love
What we think are our happy ever afters
Are only a step in the road

You've got rivers to cross and mountains to climb, my love
You are not brash and loud like me, but you are strong
More so than me, because you don't need to show it.

You've tried so very hard, my love
But some things you cannot change, or keep from changing.
You're too young for forevers

I pray that you will be brave, my love
And know to choose the best thing,
Even if it feels like the worst thing now.

And through this messy end, my love,
Even if it drags on weeks more
If what you choose is not what I think is best

I will be here when you need me, love,
For midnight talks and silent movie nights, to be honest or be quiet,
Distract you or just let you feel
I will listen when you need me to and tell you what you need to hear
But know that you deserve more than what you want.

The stars in your eyes will brighten, my love.
They burn for you only, darling. Remember.

Ich hab dich lieb.

Comments

Popular Posts