And I'm off!

I love sitting in an airport, waiting at my gate, and just looking out the window. Right now the evening sun is illuminating the world--the horizon, the runway, the airplane taxiing up. I can't even see anything except for endless possibility.

I am about to embark on my first solo trip. I'm stoppin in Vancouver and Victoria first for a couple days each to visit family and friends and then.
I am gone.
I am flying to New Zealand, finally, after wishing and wanting for years and years. I'm going! I'm landing in Auckland on Halloween. I have a hostel booked for three nights and that is as far as my planning goes. I might even hop over to Thailand for a bit after I arrive. One of my friends will be there so maybe we'll meet up. Who knows!

Honestly, my total lack of planning might end up stressing me out at some point (lord knows it already has. Ask me about booking my flights and getting my visa) but for now, it's exciting and free. Really I'm probably like 70% unprepared for this adventure (don't worry mom I'll be fine) but that's half the appeal. I'll figure it out as I go.

I can't wait.

I'll try to keep everyone updated on here, although you all know how I am with being consistent. But I aim to try and so we'll see how it goes.

Much love to everyone I am leaving behind, especially my family members that I didn't get to see before I left. I love you. And to all my friends in New Zealand, and Australia, and whatever other countries I'll end up in during the next year or so, I can't wait to see you!

Comments

  1. Love you so much Bobbin! You sound like I felt poised at the start of adventures. Fly free!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts