I'm here and I'm tired

Introverts that travel--how do y'all do it? I'm an ambivert and making friends is hard enough for my reasonably extroverted self.
Here's the thing. I love making friends and meeting new people. When it happens naturally. The thought of just going up to someone in this sleepy hostel and starting a conversation, trying to force a friendship out of nothing, honestly just makes me want to go to bed and never speak to anyone again.
But also I very much dislike being lonely and not having friends. Ambivert struggles.
I guess that's one big thing this solo adventure is gonna be about then. Growing out of myself and getting over myself even more. Learning to be okay with not having friends for like, a day. Cus let's be honest I'm probably not gonna force myself to make friends if nobody around me is feeling too friendly. So I'll learn to be okay with that.

For those that are keen on updates on my whereabouts (got your back mom) I'm in Auckland now, if you didn't catch that from talking about a hostel. It took an excessively long time to get here and I have mad respect for all Kiwis and Aussies who have ever flown somewhere further than China. Twelve hours at a time in an airplane is too much. But now that I am here, let the adventure begin! As soon as  I've gotten some sleep. Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts